For patients with Kidney Disease, their renal function usually does not fail at once, but in a gradual way. If they do not receive effective treatment, it will progress from an early stage into next one. When their Glomerular Filtration Rate declines less than 15 ml/min, their disease has already developed into stage 5 Renal Failure. In this stage, the patients preset the following symptoms.
1. The patients with Stage 5 Renal Failure usually have heart failure,
arrhythmia and other heart problems. They often feel pain stabbing pain or
crushing pain in precordium. In the advanced stage, the patients usually have
moderate high blood pressure.
2. The patients with Stage 5 Renal Failure usually have urine smell in their
mouth and the smell becomes more intense when their disease aggravates. In
severe case, the patients may have uremic pneumonia and they may cough a lot and
have a short breath and so on.
3. The patients often have skin itching so they can not helping scratching
their skin. This can make them dysphoric and influence their sleep quality.
There is dark pigmentation on their skin, which is called uremic forest.
4. In most cases of Stage 5 Renal Failure, the patients usually have
digestive tract diseases. They often have vomit, nausea. In serious cases, they
even have gastritis, colonitis and so on.
5. Many patients have blood system diseases and manifest gum haemorrhage,
skin ecchymosis, anemia and bleeding tendency. For female patients, their
menstruation period may last longer.
6. Nerve system has certain damage. The patients’ memory declines gradually
and they may also have insomnia. In the advanced stage, the patients may have
drowsiness, coma, which may threaten their life. Moreover, some patients may
have peripheral neuropathy and present numbness, myasthenia and so on.
7. The patients in Stage 5 of Renal Failure usually have water metabolic
disturbance. For vomit, nausea, low-salt diet and so on, they are very likely to
In order to avoid the above symptoms in Stage 5 Renal Failure, the patients
should receive treatment as early as possible so as to prevent it from
progressing into next stage.