Aseptic technique in peritoneal dialysis can prevent peritonitis and other infections. When the bacteria pollutes abdominal cavity in dialysis, it is very likely to lead to peritonitis. Once it occurs, it not only can cause discomforts like fever, stomachache and so on, but also can cause the body to lose a large amount of protein. What’s worse, if peritonitis occurs frequently, it may lead to peritoneal sclerosis thus the patients have to stop peritoneal dialysis. Therefore, the patients should keep aseptic technique in peritoneal dialysis to prevent peritonitis.
1. When they change their dialysis fluid, it should be operated in a clean,
dry place. It can decrease the bacteria in the air.
2. They should follow the strict operating steps and avoid the aseptic
materials in the peritoneal dialysis being polluted. When they change their
dialysis fluid, they should wear mask to mantle their mouth, nose. It can
prevent the bacteria in mouth and nose to pollute dialysis fluid.
3. The patients should wash their hands in a right way. Our hands may be
affected by bacteria at any time, especially in nails and fingers. The patients
on peritoneal dialysis should wash their hands with antibacterial liquid soap
carefully so as to decline the chance of infection.
4. The patients should handle the catheter exit carefully to decline the
bacterial growth in the catheter exit.
5. They should choose shower instead of bath for bath is very likely to lead
to inflammation in the catheter exit.
6. They should keep their clothes clean and change their underwear every day
and avoid wearing tight clothes to prevent oppressive inflammation.
7. They should change their pipeline regularly to avoid peritonitis.
8. Nurse the dialysis catheter and its exit carefully.
The above has introduced some notices for the prevention of peritonitis in
peritoneal dialysis. All the patients on peritoneal dialysis should follow them
carefully. If so, they will be able to decline the incidence of peritonitis