Cozaar can cause kidney failure? Cozzar is a commonly used medication for hypertension. It works by keeping blood vessels to constrict, which will help to improve blood flow and therefore less impact on the vascular wall. Because of its obvious side effects, Cozaar is also used to help patients with heart disease to reduce your risk of stroke. Hypertension is the second leading cause of kidney failure, so in theory, Cozaar can be used to prevent kidney problems. However, it is said Cozaar may cause kidney failure. Is this true? What are the precautions Cozaar?
Cozaar can cause kidney failure?
Cozaar can cause kidney failure? Actually, Cozaar actually causes decrease in renal function, as it can cause a condition that results in the breakdown of muscle tissue, which can lead to renal failure. For patients with kidney problems, taking Cozaar may worsen kidney disease, causing swelling of the feet, ankles, hands, or cause unexplained weight gain.
Although Cozaar is harmful to the kidney, to some extent, this does not mean that all patients with kidney disease should stay away from this drug. In the clinic, Cozaar can be used to treat kidney problems caused by diabetes, since it has been proven effective in slowing the long term kidney damage in people with type 2 diabetes.
Safety warnings and Cozaar
From Cozaar is harmful to our body organs, it is important to know the precautions and warnings:
1. Before taking Cozaar, make sure you let your healthcare provider know if you have ? heart disease, liver disease, diabetes or kidney disease.
2. Cozaar may cause extreme low blood pressure in some patients, especially patients on dialysis, diuretics, diarrhea, vomiting, congestive heart failure or heart attack. Drinking fluids regularly while taking Cozaar will help prevent it. However, for patients with renal insufficiency may be necessary to limit the intake of fluids by the kidneys have failed. Under such condition, talk to your doctor to find an alternative medication.
3. Avoid taking Cozaar if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
4. You should not use Cozaar if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
5. Cozaar can cause many side effects like feeling like you might pass out, pain or burning during urination, chest pain, difficulty breathing, irregular heartbeat, weakness, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, sore stomach, muscle cramps, and insomnia, and so on. Talk to your doctors if you find that you have some or all of these side effects.
Finally, we offer an online service, if something clear about the article "Can Cozaar cause kidney failure", please consult our consultant online or you can post your questions to our experts will email@example.com give an answer regarding your questions within 48 hours.