The common pathological types of primary nephrotic syndrome in children is minimal change disease (MCD), focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), membranous nephropathy (MN), proliferative glomerulonephritis membrane (MPG) etc. Among them, the MCD is the most common type among children who represent about 80% and is mainly manifested as a simple nephrotic syndrome.
As their kidneys have been damaged, there are some restrictions on the right to sick children should pay more attention to avoid additional burdens on kidney diets.
1. Salado. If edema or high blood pressure or during high-dose steroid therapy, patients should have diets low in salt (daily salt intake should be no more than 2g) salt, such as pickles, processed foods .Meals and scanned foods should be avoided and monosodium glutamate and base should be limited. When subsidizes edema and plasma protein is recovered, diets may be normal again.
2. Protein. Although protein is very necessary and important for maintaining normal life activities, excessive protein intake will add charges to the kidneys and aggravate kidney damage for children with nephrotic syndrome. Is better than the daily intake of protein 1g / kg and if there are a lot of protein loss in urine, may not be adequate protein intake increased. High quality proteins like fish and lean meat are good choices. However protein intake should depend on specific disease and physical conditions. For example those with azotemia should limit the intake of protein.
3. Grease. Almost all children with nephrotic syndrome have hyperlipidemia and this can cause arteriosclerosis, glomerular injury and hardening, so you should limit your intake of animals, some seafood and foods that are high in fat and cholesterol and fats are unsaturated fatty acids and vegetable oils instead.
4. Vitamins. Childhood nephrotic syndrome patients should have adequate amounts of fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins. And wax gourd and watermelon are particularly favorable for those with oliguria.
5. Elementos trace. Since the permeability of the glomerular basement membrane is increased, some hormone and trace elements are lost along with the protein and will lack of calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron etc. Therefore needed to provide enough foods containing rich vitamins and trace elements, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains etc.
In case of severe edema and decreased urine output, water intake should be limited.
Above on reasonable diet to childhood nephrotic syndrome, If you are interested in our items, still pay attention to us please! We have articles on various diseases of kidneys, including causes, symptoms, treatment, diet and fitness has all the information if you have any problem, you can consult our online experts, e-kidney-support us @ hotmail.com, or leave a message below!