Renal means something which is associated to kidney, renal parenchyma is the functional tissue of kidney that consists of nephrons. These tissues are very important tissue for the organ for the proper functioning of kidney. Nowadays, many people are suffering from Renal Parenchymal Disease, when the cells (nephrons) of kidney are damaged. Then, what are the symptoms and causes of this condition?
Millions of nephrons lie within the renal parenchymal area of each kidney.
The nephrons contain small blood vessels, called glomeruli, that are surrounded
by tubules. The glomeruli are responsible for filtering the blood and removing
Renal Parenchymal Disease can affect one or bilateral kidneys, however often
scarring and damage to the tissue is seen in both kidneys. Symptoms of the renal
▪ Blood in the urine
▪ Edema, or swelling of the face especially around the eyes, or in the feet
▪ Frequent urination
▪ Difficulty urinating, or painful urination
▪ Back pain
▪ Hypertension, or high blood pressure
Autoimmune disorders, medical conditions, or obstructions may all contribute
to Renal Parenchymal Disease.
1. Uncontrolled Diabetes may eventually cause the disease and subsequent
kidney failure. Longstanding high blood sugar levels will damage the filtering
ability of the kidney, and finally causes permanent damage.
2. High blood pressure can also cause kidney problems. Uncontrolled, the risk
of kidney disease can be increased and lead to severe medical problems and
parenchymal kidney disease.
3. Kidney stones can also lead to scarring and damage to the kidneys if
If you or your beloved are diagnosed with Renal Parenchymal Disease, we're
here to help.