Non-steroidal Therapy For Lupus Nephritis
Lupus Kidney Disease, or lupus nephritis, is a common secondary Glomerulonephritis. Always Glomerulonephritis is associated with inflammation and this is why your doctor chooses steroidal therapy for you. Steroids are common anti-inflammation drugs.
Why many people choose non-steroidal therapy for lupus kidney disease?
People choose non-steroidal therapy, mostly because the side effects of this therapy.
● Facial mooning (Cushing's syndrome) May be minimized by restricted calorie intake.
● Acne: Treat with topical medications.
● Potassium loss: Use potassium supplement.
● Weight gain: Restrict calorie intake; may require a change in steroid medication: may require a diuretic.
● Edema: May require diuretics and potassium.
● Urinary frequency and nocturia: Check for evidence of genitourinary infection or diabetes mellitus; urinalysis.
● Insomnia, headache, fatigue, euphoria. Treat symptomatically.
Why your doctor use steroid for lupus nephritis?
Steroids have strong effects in controlling inflammation. What’s the relation between inflammation and lupus kidney disease? As nephrologists put it, lupus kidney disease is caused by the immune disease.
In simple words, in immune disease, the immune system mistakenly triggers excessive inflammation, which causes kidney damages. Thereby, your doctor chooses steroids to control the inflammation in kidneys and prevent further kidney damages.
Is there any alternative treatment for lupus nephritis?
To block the inflammation, Kidney Disease Hospital develops a new series of immune blocking drugs, which takes very low-impact on your health.
● autoimmune disease drugs, which deals with the underlying immune disorder and prevent the following inflammation.
● advance steroids. Nephrologists in Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital introduce various strong but low-side-effects steroids to block the inflammation in a very short time.
● monoclonal antibody. Humans (and all jawed vertebrates) have the ability to make antibodies able to recognize (by binding to) virtually any antigenic determinant (epitope) to discriminate between even similar epitopes.
Various anti-inflammation therapies are prone to block the inflammation as soon as possible. In this way, your lupus kidney disease can be controlled very well.
Learn More: Chinese Medicine for Lupus Nephritis