Exercise Plays a Role on Diabetes Management
As is known to all, diabetes is a chronic kidney disease, but it's not just a disease --- it's a lifestyle, if you want to keep it under control and stay as healthy as possible. Diabetes can be controlled by proper medicines, exercise, medications and insulin injection. There are two major types – type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. No matter what type you have, it is necessary to take steps to control blood sugar. Exercise plays a role on diabetes management.
It is proved that exercise helps control the diabetes, improve life quality with more joy. But diabetics need to pay more attention to the amount and mode of exercise and announcement, in order to avoid the adverse events.
● Exercise benefits the diabetics which can:
Reduce blood sugar
Enhance the effect of insulin
Burn fat and lose weight
Anneal the heart, lung and bone
Make people feel release and improve the immunity.
Although exercise brings a lot of benefits a lot, considerations is informed to the diabetics. Choose exercise according to the heart rate. The appropriate heart rate = 170-age. It is better to do exercise for 40-50 minutes 3-4 times every week.
● Exercise suiting the diabetics includes:
Exercise with minimum strength (30 minutes): walk, housework, TaiChi, and shopping.
Exercise with low strength (20 minutes): social dance, going downstairs, biking
Exercise with moderate strength (10 minutes ) slow running, going upstairs,
Exercise with high strength: skipping swimming, playing basketball.
● Not every diabetic is suitable to do exercise.
1. Diabetics who having a poor control of diabetes.
2. Diabetics, complicated by high blood pressure.
3. Diabetics with blood sugar beyond 11.1 mmol/l or more 10% glycoylated hemoglobin.
4. Diabetics who develop persistent proteinuria and kidney dysfunction.
5. Diabetics complicated by acute infection, pulmonary phthisis, and liver disease.
Proper exercise benefits the diabetics but violent exercise has negative effects on diabetics.
Diabetics consult your doctor what type of exercise is suitable to you in order to avoid the adverse events.
Learn More: Treatment for Renal Failure Caused by Diabetes