Lupus Nephritis Should Be Alert to High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a common complication of Lupus Nephritis. In turn, it can accelerate kidney function aggravation. Therefore, it is very important for the patients to have a firmed control of blood pressure.
Why does high blood pressure occur?
1. In some cases, the patients may produce less urine than normal. As a result, a large amount of fluid builds up in body thus resulting in increased blood volume. Therefore, the blood pressure will rise up.
2. As the renal capillaries are damaged, it will lead to renal ischemia and anoxia. In this condition, RAS (renin-angiotension-aldosterone) will be activated. The damaged kidneys will secrete more renin than before, which can then increase the production of angiotension. As a result, the blood vessels contract thus resulting in high blood pressure. In addition, the increased aldosterone can cause more sodium to build up in blood thus aggravating retention of fluid and sodium.
3. The patients with Lupus Nephritis should use a large dosage of hormone over time. The hormone can affect the regulatory function of RAS.
How to treat high blood pressure in Lupus Nephritis?
How is high blood pressure associated with Lupus Nephritis? How to treat it?
1. The patients should restrict the salt intake strictly and keep the intake within 2~3 grams per day. It can relieve the retention of fluid and sodium.
2. They should take some medications such as diuretic and ACE.
3. They should reduce the dosage of hormone properly under their doctors’ guidance.
4. High blood pressure is mainly attributable to reduced renal function and renal ischemia and anoxia. Therefore, it is very important to improve renal blood flow and dilate renal capillaries as well as restore the impaired kidneys.
In our hospital, the combination of Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy and Immunotherapy is recommended to the patients.
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy
1. The effective medicines can dilate blood vessels thus relieving renal ischemia and anoxia.
2. It can remove the inflammatory factors and blood clots. Therefore, it can improve the systemic blood circulation.
3. It can provide some essential nutrients for restoring the impaired nephrons.
If you have been diagnosed with Lupus Nephritis and want to know more about it, we are here to help.