The symptoms of Membranous Nephropathy( MN): a lot of proteinuria, hypoproteinemia. Few patients present less proteinuria, without obvious swelling/edema, the renal biopsy shows that membranous change in the glomeruli.
There are two kinds of MN: the primary MN and the Secondary MN. Secondary MN
means some disease cause MN, like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, hepatitis or
cancer etc. The aetiological agent of the primary MN is not clear.
The healthy life style for MN patients:
1) Control the salt intake.
2) Control the weight and do some sports
3) Quit smoking and drinking.
4) Keep a positive attitude.
The complications of MN:
1. Infection: a lot of immune globulins are leakage from the urine and
long-term take immunosuppressive agent medicines, which reduce the immunity
resistance, patients are very easy to get infection, like infection of the upper
respiratory tract (cold), pulmonary infection, Enteral infections etc.
2. Thrombus: ① serious Hypoproteinemia cause the plasma oncotic pressure
reduce, pachyhemia. ② the increase of liver decompensation cause
hyperlipidaemia. ③ Some patients have taken too much diuretic medicines.
3. Acute Renal Failure: high swelling, hypoproteinemia, less effective blood
volume, and meanwhile some patients over take the diuretic medicines and take
the improper anti-hypertension medicines, which reduce the glomeruli filtration
rate decrease, occur Renal Failure.
4. Protein and fat metabolism disorders
The diet for MN patients:
1. Proper protein intake. A lot of proteins are leakage into the urine, which
cause the hypoproteinemia, reduce the plasma oncotic pressure, swelling is very
difficult to reduce.
2. Limit the fat intake.
3. Increase the carbohydrate, ensure the enough calorie.
4. Limit the sodium and salt intake.
5. If patients with obvious swelling, they should limit the water intake. The
water intake is the liquid which come from the food, fruit, beverage,
6. Increase or limit the potassium intake.
7. Enough vitamin and mineral substance.