The progression of Polycystic Kidney Disease is a result of various factors and inducements. However, according to scientific researches, all these factors can be well controlled, changed or even diminished if we can. Therefore, for patients with the disease, prevention and daily nursing becomes quite significant. So what should be paid attention to in daily life?
1. Build up your confidence of fighting against the disease. The importance
of psychological health can never be neglected. A good state of mind can help
you be faced up with your condition and take positive treatment.
2. Keep oral health, especially after breakfast and supper; get rid of
bromopnea to avoid vomiting and hyperplasia of molds and bacteria.
3. Take proper and positive treatment timely. Hypertension often accelerates
renal damages, does damage to cardio-cerebrovascular systems and induces other
complications. Therefore, regular test of the blood pressure is necessary for
patients with renal hypertension, and bed rest can be altered with the
fluctuation of blood pressure.
4. Pay attention to skin care to prevent decubitus and infection. Uremic
frost deposition is rather stimulating to the skin, which will result in
pruritus, influence sleeping of the patients and easily induce infection.
Therefore, it is necessary to take care of the skin with warm water regularly,
but remember not to use alcohol or soap while scrubbing.
5. Keep a good balance of rest and exercise. Avoid extrusion in the waist and
abdomen to prevent rupture and bleeding of the cysts. Severe sufferers with
obvious kidney swelling should stay in bed and use gallus instead of waist of
waistband to avoid rupture of the cysts. Moreover, take a reexamination every
half a year, including blood pressure, urinalysis, renal functions test, and
B-ultrasound examination. Avoid all nephrotoxic medicines and take medicines
under the guidance of experienced doctors.
6. Prevent urinary tract and cystic infections which are mostly seen in
female sufferers. The methods are as follows: ①take shower bath instead of other
methods ②avoid holding back urine ③wipe backward with the toilet paper after
defecating ④take note of genital hygiene ⑤get away from examinations with
catheterization equipment and other urinary apparatuses.
7. Proper control of the diet. Take insipid, nutritive food and have more
fruits. Keep a low-protein diet. Take less raw, cold, fat, sweet, pungent, and
stimulating food. Give up smoking and drinking. In time of swelling, restrict
8. As is seen, it is likely to prevent the disease from going worse if we
know our situation and take good care of it. In the early stage, the cysts are
more likely to be controlled and diminished with good nursing and proper
If you have other doubts about this disease, please send email to email@example.com or consult the experts online.