For dialysis treatment, experts suggest that we should pay attention to a healthy diet and, if necessary, make some life-related changes. If you are a smoker, quit it anyway. In the meantime, away from alcohol. Excessive consumption of alcohol and cigarettes, prone to kidney disease or worsening of the condition.
1. Before dialysis, to ensure their rooms 30 minutes of ultraviolet light twice a day, in addition, open windows for ventilation to keep fresh air in the room.
2.Guarantee during dialysis or preparation, doctors or patients should pay attention to the principles of aseptic.
3. During the dialysis, the color and clearance of the dialyzer should be monitored regularly. Bacterial culture along with drug sensitive test should be examined at fixed period.
4. Monitor the patient condition. To see if his body temperature changes, or have pressing pain in abdomen. If the patient has developed infections, antibiotics should be taken as the doctor prescribed.
5. During the dialysis, if the patient suffered from an abdominal pain, the doctor should adjust the position of dialysis tubing or regulate the temperature, flow rate, pH value of dialysate. Taking hot pack or gentle massage to deal with abdominal distension. Additionally, eating more food rich in cellulose should be encouraged. Taking certain medications if necessary.
6. Patients with dialysis would better isolate from others, restrictive visitation would be better in people with dialysis. All those measures ensure patients stay away from infections.
7. Attach more importance on monitoring. Measure the blood pressure, pulse, central venous pressure and body weight, and take records in every single day.
Run regular test to monitor the electrolytes, blood sugar, and urine output. See if complications such as dehydration, retention of water, high-sodium, high sugar, high potassium or low potassium occurs. If did, talk with your doctor as soon as possible, make changes according to the condition.
8. Diet. Dialysis period to ensure adequate intake of quality protein, such as milk, fresh eggs, beef or other high-calorie foods. Avoid high phosphorus foods. While limiting those who can quickly increase your weight and fat food intake.
Get free remote video consultation or consult our online experts. We're here to help you!