Kidneys are important organs responsible for filtering the toxins from body. If they can not function normally, it will cause many health issues. This article will list some tips that can help you prevent kidney problem.
Control blood pressure:
* Blood pressure is a leading cause of Kidney Disease. Make sure your blood
pressure is controlled. If you have chronic high blood pressure, it can increase
your risk of developing Kidney Disease greatly. You should take proper
medications to control your blood pressure at the target level 130/90 mmHg.
Drink lots of water:
* The kidneys filter the metabolic wastes from the blood and discharge them
out of body in the form of urine. If the blood is not diluted well, the kidneys
can not finish the function very well. If the wastes can not be filtered, it
will result in various kinds of kidney problems.
* If you have the urge to urinate, you should go to toilet at once. Holding
back urine for a long time can cause bacterial growth in bladder and urinary
tract resulting in infection. If the infection spreads to kidneys, it can impair
the kidney function.
Avoid alcohol and smoking:
* The persons with the habits of drinking alcohol and smoking are more likely
to suffer from kidney problem. Nicotine and alcohol can cause atherosclerosis
resulting in high blood pressure. In turn, high blood pressure can impair
kidneys. Moreover, smoking and drinking can induce a lot of toxins within the
body which can easily damage the kidneys.
* Kidney Disease usually starts silently without causing symptoms in the
early stage. You should get yourself checked regularly, especially for those
above 45 years old and under prolonged medications. Also the patients with
Diabetes and high blood pressure also need to take regular check-ups.
* Fresh vegetables and fruits can keep you healthy and provide you with all
the essential nutrients. You should include these foods in your daily diet.
However, you should avoid eating junk food and reduce the drinks like coffee,
The above tips are very useful for you. If you can follow them in daily life,
it can reduce the incidence of kidney damage greatly.
Learn More: Sleeplessness and Kidney Disease