Garlic Is Good to Patients with Kidney Disease
Garlic is one of top healthy foods for the patients with Kidney Disease. It plays several roles in protecting renal function. The common benefits of garlic for the patients with Kidney Disease are as flows:
1. In Kidney Disease, more than 95% of cases are related to immune disorder or abnormality. Garlic can enhance the immune system thus reducing kidney damage. Moreover, garlic has antioxidants effect, which can eliminate the free radicals that may contribute o the development of kidney disease.
2. Due to the diuretic properties of garlic, it can relive the retention of water and sodium in body. In return, the amount of fluid through the blood reduces. Less fluid decreases pressure on the walls of arteries lowering blood pressure.
3. Garlic is good to kidneys by protecting them from damage of heavy metals like lead, cadmium.
4. Garlic has anti-inflammatory effect. It can reduce the releasing of inflammatory factors into blood to decrease the chance of developing hyperlipidaemia. Meanwhile, it can decline the abnormal immune inflammation to some degree.
5. Meanwhile, garlic has certain effects in reducing the chance of developing complications of Kidney Disease. It is beneficial for the heart and also great for the digestive system.
However, garlic has blood-thinning properties and may increase the risk of bleeding. If the patients with Kidney Disease have the hemorrhagic tendency, they had better not eat garlic.
If you or your loved one is Kidney Disease suffer and want to know more detailed dietary advices, it is free for you to consult us on line.
More: Is Ibuprofen Associated With Kidney Damage