Chronic Interstitial Nephritis: Causes and Symptoms
Chronic Interstitial Nephritis refers to a kidney disorder in which the spaces between the renal tubules are inflamed. In clinic, it is hard to treat Chronic Interstitial Nephritis very well.
Causes of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis
1. Obstructive kidney disease: Urinary tract obstruction below renal papillae accounts for more than half of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis.
2. Long-term using painkillers can cause kidney damage resulting in Chronic Interstitial Nephritis.
3. Chronic progressive pyelonephritis due to bacteria also can cause Chronic Interstitial Nephritis.
4. Immune injury: Immune injury can cause damage to renal interstitium and its related structures. It is a very important inducement of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis.
5. Balkan Nephritis: It is chronic and progressive interstitial nephritis and usually occurs latently.
6. Idiopathic Interstitial Nephritis covers about 10% of all the cases of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis. The cause of the disease is not clear yet.
Symptoms of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis
1. The patients have the history of frequent relapse of pyelonephritis and abusing of painkillers.
2. The patients have azotemia and/or mild abnormality in routine urine test and the urinary sediments have white blood cells.
3. The manifestation of renal tubule damage: increased urine output, frequent urination at night, renal tubular proteinuria (low molecular proteinuria, the amount of protein in urine<0.5~1.5 g/24h).
4. The patients may have metabolic acidosis and present polydipsia, low specific gravity, high PH level.
5. In the advanced stage of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis, the patients will have high blood pressure and renal failure.
As it is difficult to get a good recovery for the patients with Chronic Interstitial Nephritis in clinic, it is very important for the patients to receive an effective treatment as early as possible to stop the progression of the disease.
The above article has introduced the symptoms and causes of Chronic Interstitial Nephritis. If you want to know other aspects of the disease, you can consult us on line.
Learn More: The Complications of Interstitial Nephritis and Polycystic Kidney Disease