Diabetic Nephropathy is a very common complication for Diabetes patients, and also it is the main reason for causing death. For Diabetic Nephropathy patients, the importance of taking care of diet is as well as choosing a good therapeutic method.
1. Avoid drinking. Because alcohol only contains thermal energy without
nutrient substance, long-term drinking is harmful to liver and kidney and is
easy to increase TG. Patients had better not drink alcohol.
2. Less eat high-cholesterol food in order to prevent Arteriosclerotic Heart
Disease, less eat food which is easily increase blood fat, such as beef tallow,
mutton fat, lard oil, butter, cream, fat.
3. Less eat food which is easily increase blood sugar, such as white sugar,
brown sugar, crystal sugar, glucose, maltose, honey, chocolate, toffee, fruit
drops, preserved fruit, tinned fruit, soft drink, fruit juice, sweet drinks,
jam, ice cream, cookie, cake, bread etc.
4. Limit potassium and protein intake. It is easily for Diabetic Nephropathy
patients to occur Acidosis and Hyperkalemia which lead to Cardiac Arrhythmia and
5. Enough vitamin and trace elements should be replenished, especially for
vitamin B, C, zinc, calcium, iron etc , which can protect kidney.
6. Limit salt intake. Diabetes patients should have lighter diet for reducing
the burden of kidney. 7g salt intake will be proper.
7. It is important to control blood sugar. Limit the heat intake, stick to
take glucose-lowering medicines, avoid rage, infection etc are the key points of
controlling blood sugar.