Kidney problem is the important causes for death of Diabetics. Diabetic Nephropathy can result in proteinuria in diabetics. If illness condition develops, kidney failure will occur and it may result in Uremia threatening people’s life. Therefore, Diabetic Nephropathy is an important factor to threaten diabetics’ health. It is important to know how to check Diabetic Nephropathy.
1. Qualitative urine sugar is the simplest way to check Diabetic Nephropathy.
Diabetic Nephropathy may be false negative or false positive, so blood sugar
examination is the basis of checking Diabetic Nephropathy.
2. In the early stage of Diabetic Nephropathy, dynamic renal radionuclide
glomerular filtration rate (GFR) increases and renal volume measured through B
ultrasonic also increases. In Uremia period, GFR decreases significantly, but
kidney volume have no obvious contraction.
3. Fundus examination is the common checking method of Diabetic Nephropathy.
If necessary, fluorescent fundus angiography can be taken and diabetic
retinopathy can be found, such as microaneurysms.
4. The important diagnostic indicator of Diabetic Nephropathy in early stage
is that urinary albumin excretion rate (UAE) is 20 ~ 200μg/min. If UAE is
greater than 200μg/min continuously or urine protein in urinary examination
presents positive (urinary protein is greater than 0.5g/24), Diabetic
Nephropathy can be diagnosed.
5. In the late period of Diabetic Nephropathy, endogenous creatinine
clearance rate drops and blood urea nitrogen, creatinine increases.
Hope what mentioned above is helpful. If you are a diabetic, you should take
examinations early to ensure that there is no kidney problem. If you want to
know more about Diabetic Nephropathy, you can consult us or send email to email@example.com. We will
let you know the disease in detail.