IgA Nephropathy (Berger's disease) is a kind of auto immune disease. As the most common cause of glomerulonephritis, it accounts for about 45% of cases. Originally thought to be benign, it is now known that many patients with IgA Nephropathy can progress to Renal Failure. Recognizing the following early symptoms of this disease contributes to prompt treatment.
Some patients with IgA Nephropathy may have extremely dry mouth, and this problem affect both your enjoyment of food and the healthy of your teeth. What are the causes of dry mouth in IgA Nephropathy? How to deal with it?
There are several causes of dry mouth, also known as xerostomia. These factors include:
● Side effect of certain medications. These include many prescription and nonprescription drugs, such as drugs used to treat pain, allergies, colds, hypertension (diuretics), diarrhea, nausea, etc.
● Side effect of certain diseases and infections. These medical conditions include HIV/AIDS, diabetes, anemia, hypertension, stroke, etc.
● Nerve damage. Nerve damage to the head and neck area from an injury or surgery can also be the reason.
● Dehydration. This can be caused by conditions like fever, vomiting, diarrhea, burns, etc.
● Lifestyle. Dry mouth can be aggravated by smoking or chewing tobacco.
Of course, dry mouth may be just one of IGA kidney disease manifestations. If you want to confirmed that he is not suffering IGA nephropathy may also need a deeper examination.
Whatever the reason, the circumstance that is producing the shortness of breath in IgA Nephropathy should be determined in order to treat the underlying cause thus alleviating the problem. If you need any help, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try our best to help you!