Dialysis shows that the kidney’s filtration function is damaged. It means that the substances such as serum creatinine, blood urea nitrogen, uric acid, etc can not discharge well. They accumulate in the body. Day by day, they must do harm if not discharged smoothly. And the GFR will decline. What’s more, intrinsic cells will be damaged and even be necrotic. So patients have to receive dialysis to maintain.
Many concerns are full of patients minds, such as side effects of dialysis, lifespan after dialysis, whether can they stop dialysis, once they start it etc. Here are top 10 facts you should know after dialysis.
● Dialysis is divided into two types: hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
● Dialysis helps filter out the toxins which build up in the body. Thereby, patients will feel better after dialysis.
● After dialysis, you will experience some side effects, such as fatigue, invasive staphylococcal infections, fever, muscle cramps, itchy skin, poor sleep, lack of interest in sex, dry mouth, anxiety etc.
● Blood pressure problem is another result after dialysis. Many patients experience low blood pressure for the over filtration of dialysis while other experience high blood pressure for lack filtration.
● Dialysis doesn’t mean that you will take this treatment only. When you are on dialysis, you should take the some medicines along with dialysis everyday.
● After dialysis, your impaired kidneys can not recovery or become any better just because of dialysis. Dialysis is only a replacement, which takes on effects in repairing your kidneys.
● After dialysis, your kidneys will not work hard as before for this alternative treatment. When the remaining renal function is idle, it will drop down quickly.
● Once you start the dialysis, it is hard for you to get rid of it. Many patients live with dialysis in the rest of their life after they adopt the dialysis for the first time.
● The lifespan after dialysis varies from person to person. It is proved that dialysis only leads a short life while the combination of dialysis and other tonic treatments for your kidneys will make you live a longer life.
● After dialysis, your doctors usually make a restrict diet for you, so as to approach a better kidney condition.
● Even after dialysis, there is a chance to stop dialysis, as long as your kidney functions can improve more than 15%.
If the patients with Kidney Disease can receive proper treatments as early as possible, they are very likely to avoid dialysis and live a normal like others.