What should I Do with High Creatinine
Question: serum creatinine: 5.12, BUN:42, HB:75, Urine output: 3150ml, Uric acid: 4.80, protein: +++, Acutrol C 400mg twice daily. what should I do?
1. At present, your creatine and blood urea are higher than the normal level, which means your kidney has damaged, especially your glomerulus filtration ability has decreased. At the same time, and HB is lower than the normal level, that means you have anemia.
2. I will explain why I say the above words. 1) Creatinine is the metabolin of human muscle, and every 20g muscle metabolin can produce 1 mg creatinine. Creatinine is discharged mainly by glomerulus. The concentration change of serum creatinine is determined by glomerulus filtration ability(GFR). If filtration ability decrease, the creatinine concentration will increase. Serum creatinine is higher than the normal level, which means the kidney gets damaged. Please notice that only GFR reduce to 1/3 of normal level, serum creatinine begins to increase obviously. The reason why patients present this phenomenon is because that kidney has strong metabolic capacity, patients don’t have obvious discomfort if kidney has light damage, but when patients present the symptoms like edema,vomiting,dizzy etc, that means the kidney has already get damged seriously, and serum creatinine begin to increase obviously. 2) In the normal condition, blood urea nitrogen (BUN) is filtrated by glomerulus, and then discharged by urine. When the glomerulus filtration ability decreases, the concentration of BUN begins to increase. Therefore, BUN can estimate the glomerulus filtration ability.
3. Please send me the report about potassium,Na, ca, these indexes may be also in the unnormal level. Because your glomerulus has damaged. Also I need to know your GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate).
4. Do you receive any other treatment? I think the medicine which you told me can’t protect and delay the development of kidney disease.
5. Do you know what kinds of kidney disease are you suffering from? (Although I know your glomerulus has damaged, but I need to know the detail diagnosis).
6. Please quit smoking, drinking, avoid eating stimulating food, spicy food, greasy food, stick to low-salt diet, and control your protein intake.
If you are interested in more facts about high creatinine levels, you are welcomed to leave a massage for us.