What can we do if we have the diabetic nephropathy
What is Diabetic nephropathy? Is a kidney disease caused by the diabetes?so we should kown more about the disease. Diabetic nephropathy is one complication of diabetes which is caused by high blood sugar. Diabetes can damage many organs or tissues like kidney, eye, blood vessels, heart, foot, etc. These complications are life-threatening.What can we do if we have the diabetic nephropathy?Then following, we tell you some ways to protect your kidney.
1. Regular health checks: Early diabetic nephropathy have no any symptoms. When your doctor finds kidney disease, your kidneys have been damaged so an early and adequate detection is very important.Therefore, we must insist on regular health checks, especially check microalbuminuria. Type 2 diabetes at time of diagnosis should do microalbuminuria screening. Type 1 diabetes after five years of start screening. Every first screening was not found microalbuminuria, shall each year have a check.
2. Control high blood pressurc Positive: Less salt diet, exercising, active and calcium.In the advices of doctors, should be obey it. Blood pressure control in < 130/80 MMHG; Urinary protein > 1.0 g/day, blood pressure control in < 125/75 MMHG.
3. Control high blood glucose: From getting diabetes should actively control high blood sugar, and must strict to the standards. The better control of blood glucose, with the lower chance of getting diabetic nephropathy. To coordinate values: fasting blood sugar < 6.1 mm/litre, Moore postprandial glucose < 8.0 mm Moore/litre, glycated hemoglobin < 6.5%.
4. Control high blood fat: Low density lipoprotein and cholesterol levels occurs proteinuria risk factors. To coordinate values: total cholesterol < 4.5 mm Moore/litre, low density lipoprotein < 2.6 mm Moore/litre, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (hdl-c) > 1.1 mm Moore/litre, triglyceride < 1.5 mm Moore/l.
5. Prevent and control the urinary tract infection: Diabetes patients vulnerable to recurrent urinary tract infections. Happen urinary tract infection to undertake normal after the antibiotics, in order to avoid making the renal worse.
6. Avoid using of the drug kidney damage: Some drugs can impair kidney function. Renal excretion of drugs as priority to, not take for renal insufficiency patients. Therefore, before taking the medicine must read the instruction or to consult your doctor.
7. Drug treatment: Once appear microalbuminuria, regardless of whether high blood pressure or not, should be in the guidance of taking angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers drugs. Not only can lower blood pressure, but also reduce urinary albumin, delay the progress of the renal damage.
8. Reasonable dietary: Limit protein intake is a important means to slow the progression of diabetic nephropathy, should be based on the different development stages of kidney disease and take different limits. Less salt diet can help control blood pressure and edema. Add iron, calcium, help kidney recovery.
9. Give up smoking: Smoking will accelerate kidney function decline. Smoking diabetic patients with kidney function decline faster than none smoking patients.
These are the nine basic advices of diabetic nephropathy, I hope would be helpful to you.
Have you want learn more about treatment of Diabetic Nephropathy? Immunotherapy Help to Improve Your Damaged Kidneys in Diabetics, Any problems of kidney disease, you can send your emails to email@example.com, we should pay more attention of our kidneys, hope you will get well soon.