Can FSGS Patients Eat Walnut
Walnuts are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats that can protect the body against heart disease. It is regarded as a kind of healthy food. People add them to salads, trail mixes and main dishes to get the protective effects of this delicious nut. So, undoubtedly, walnuts are good for common people.
Can FSGS patients eat walnut? Kidney experts tell us to judge whether walnut is suit for FSGS patients, it is very necessary to analyze what nutritions contained in it.
1. It supplies omega-3 fatty acids, which are health fats that encourage the heart and reduce inflammation.
2. It is the good source of proteins, especially high quality protein.
3. It also contains rich minerals like potassium, iron, magnesium, copper and manganese.
4.It contains fiber, which helps reduce LDL, or “ bad” cholesterol, and protects against heart disease ad some types of cancer.
5. Enhance immunity, they are full of vitamins and high-quality protein. These vitamins can provide energy to patients and enhance their immunity.
6. Improve the blood circulatory system, it helps to maintain normal function of arteries, and it aids in enhancing the circulation of blood throughout the body, which will carry away many wastes in the blood and relieve the inflammation of kidneys.
In addition, walnut is beneficial in treating depression and insomnia for FSGS patients. Last but not the least, walnut is well known for its benefits to the brain health, and it also can delay senescence.
All in all, FSGS patients can get many benefits from eating walnuts in a right amount. If you want to know more information about kidney disease diet, please contact our online dietitian and we will reply as soon as possible.